Thursday, July 21, 2005

Yay v. Yeah, Whoa v. Wow

Did anyone know that there was a difference between them? I always thought that the above words were interchangeable. I recently discovered that whoa (as in “Whoa... I can’t believe you didn’t know there was a difference until now”) and wow (as in “Wow! That cheeseburger is huge!”) are different. Likewise, I just found out today that yeah (as in “Yeah, I can re-do my TPS report) and yay (as in Yay! I am so excited I found a place to live!) are also different. You certainly do learn something new everyday.

After countless craigslist searches, I have finally found a place to rest my head at night after a long and arduous day of teaching 7th graders. I am going to live in Weymouth, Massachusetts which is conveniently located 10 miles from my place of work but a little farther from Boston than I would have liked. That’s okay because the glass is always half full and friends’ couches are always clear on the weekends. Though I am not sure what type of social life I am going to have as all of the first-year teacher websites I have found describe 365 days of eating, sleeping, drinking, breathing, and dreaming about curricula, methods, classroom management techniques, committees, grading and parent-teacher conferences. So if I don't return your phone calls and emails, its certainly not because I don't love you.

I am moving mid-august and am very excited about my new home and new roommate. YAY for craigslist! What would us twenty-somethings do without it?

(By the way, does anyone have an extra bed lying around [no pun intended] that I could use?)

1 Comments:

Blogger Zimmy said...

I cannot believe you have made it this far in life and did not know there was a difference between those words.

1:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home