Monday, June 13, 2005

Blueberry

So Friday I am driving home with my '95 Mercury Sable with 120K. The trusty vehicle has been in 1 major accident and has suffered an incident involving a large boulder that resulted in a lot of glass. I notice that the brakes are a little shakey but no worries, Big Dave has made an appointment to get the car checked out Friday afternoon. Turns out the front brakes are shot and it is going to cost close to a grand to get them fixed. Needless to say, I don't have a cool $1000. I ask the mechanic if the car could get me back down to Virginia as is. He says, "Get back down? You mean you drove this car up? You're braking on metal miss and these brakes are only going to last another couple of miles. I mean I don't want so scare you or anything." Right.

Because I will need a new car in about a month or so and instead of spending a few hundred dollars on plane tickets for my various trips home, my Dad and I starting shopping around. Jettas, Hondas, Jeeps, OH MY. After about 5 solid hours on Friday, another 6 on Saturday, and a wicked sunburn, I sign on the dotted line. (Or about 5 dotted lines with casually scrawled exes to the left.)

I am now the proud owner of a brand spankin' new 2005 Honda Civic with 29 miles on it. Dark blue, I have christened the vehicle "Blueberry". I am about to break in the rookie car in true Alyssa fashion- with an 8 hour, 420 mile RO-ad trip.

Absolutely. Fabulous.

This purchase does, however, give the whole job search concept an added urgency. I'll keep you posted.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zimmy said...

Yay! No more glass shaking in the door when you close it! :)

5:08 PM

 
Blogger ehinks21 said...

When I borrowed the ole Mercury, I almost had to pull a Dukes of Hazard exit when the door failed to open after repeated attempts of shoulder blows.

We'll miss her. She used to be the new car back in the day. Another one put to rest.

9:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home